买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗new baby in the house or one on the way? find out how to give your baby a safe place to sleep.
Questions and Answers About Safe Sleep
- The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development has a comprehensive Question and Answer page about how you can make sure your child is sleeping safely.
CPSC Research Into Inclined Sleeper Safety
- CPSC received reports of 1,108 incidents, including 73 infant deaths, related to infant inclined sleep products that occurred from January 2005 through June 2019. CPSC hired independent expert Erin Mannen, Ph.D., a mechanical engineer specializing in biomechanics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, to conduct infant testing to evaluate the design of inclined sleep products.
- Dr. Mannen found that none of the inclined sleep products her team tested is safe for infant sleep.
- Dr. Mannen’s report was conclusive that products with inclines 10 degrees or less, with flat and rigid surfaces, are likely safe for infant sleep. Dr. Mannen also found that soft and plush-like sleep surfaces pose dangers to infants. Read the full report from Dr. Mannen beginning on page 91 of CPSC staff's Commission Briefing Package.
Inclined Sleeper Recalls
- Summer Infant Recalls SwaddleMe By Your Bed Inclined Sleepers to Prevent Risk of Suffocation
- Evenflo Recalls Pillo Portable Napper Inclined Sleepers to Prevent Risk of Suffocation
- Delta Enterprise Corp. Recalls Incline Sleeper with Adjustable Feeding Position for Newborns to Prevent Risk of Suffocation
- Graco Recalls Little Lounger Rocking Seats to Prevent Risk of Suffocation
- FisherPrice Recalls Rock ‘n Play Sleepers Due to Reports of Deaths
- Kids II Recalls All Rocking Sleepers Due to Reports of Deaths
- FisherPrice Recalls Inclined Sleeper Accessory Included with Ultra-Lite Day & Night Play Yards Due to Safety Concerns About Inclined Sleep Products
- Dorel Juvenile Group USA Recalls Inclined Sleepers Due to Safety Concerns About Inclined Sleep Products
Learn How to Put Your Baby to Sleep Safely
if you just had a baby, are expecting, or are taking care of a young infant it's important to create a safe sleep environment for your baby. because babies spend much of their time sleeping, the nursery should be the safest room in the house. take a few moments to learn about safe sleep.
Bare is Best
With any crib, bassinet or play yard, follow a few simple rules to keep babies sleeping safely. Bare is Best!
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗• to prevent suffocation, never place pillows or thick quilts in a baby's sleep environment.
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗• make sure there are no gaps larger than two fingers between the sides of the crib and the mattress.
• proper assembly of cribs is paramount - follow the instructions provided and make sure that every part is installed correctly. if you are not sure, call the manufacturer for assistance.
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗• do not use cribs older than 10 years or broken or modified cribs. infants can strangle to death if their bodies pass through gaps between loose components or broken slats while their heads remain entrapped.
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗• set up play yards properly according to manufacturers' directions. only use the mattress pad provided with the play yard; do not add extra padding.
• never place a crib near a window with blind, curtain cords or baby monitor cords; babies can strangle on cords.
For more information please visit the Safe to Sleep® led by The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and in collaboration with other organizations.
for infants under 12 months of age, follow these practices to reduce the risk of sids (sudden infant death syndrome) and prevent suffocation?
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗the new federal crib standards apply to hotels, motels and other places of public accommodation.
safe cribs are essential for child care providers. cribs in child care facilities and home daycares must meet new and improved federal standards that became effective on december 28, 2012.
买凤凰彩票赚钱可靠吗remove pillows, quilts, comforters, stuffed toys and other soft products from the crib.
keep baby safe from suffocation and strangulation by making sure that the crib sheet fits snugly on the crib mattress.